Amidst all the virtual events happening, the Casper Chase Fallen Soldiers Memorial 5K committee is proud to announce that we are still an in-person LIVE event (albeit with a new day and time without the Central Wyoming Fair and Rodeo Parade). On July 4th, America’s birthday, we plan to run our event that honors our Fallen Soldiers of Wyoming.
This modified version of your favorite summer 5k has a few new features you’ll want to be aware of:
- This will be a no timed/chipped event. Runners can time themselves or just participate leisurely without an official time.
- Starting times will be anywhere from 8-10 AM that morning to allow for social distancing.
- A short ceremony honoring all fallen soldiers will be live streamed before the first wave of runners take off at 8 AM. Each soldier will have a wave dedicated to them starting every two minutes after 8.
- The route this year will be around the loop starting at the Tate Pumphouse. Runners will have the option of completing a 10k (two loops) if they would like to.
- The “Soldier Mile” will still be a part of the race where all fallen soldiers will be recognized along the race route, plus you still have the option of running in one of our Soldier shirts that honor a fallen soldier as well.
We will be capping registration at 250 runners so registering ahead of time is crucial (casperchase5k.org)! Registration is $50 for the soldier shirt version and $25 for the one without. We will offer a limited contact pickup station for bib pickup and race packs. Come join us and support the Fallen Soldiers of Wyoming scholarship fund!
For questions, please contact Hunter Harmelink at email@example.com.